R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pro10 Class
Thread: Pro10 Class
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 06:16 PM
timmay70
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
Ok so we have a pretty solid consensus that any class would involve GT bodies. We cold have an unending debate about different power combinations (and probably will for a while). I was talking on IM with somebody last night and they brought up something that I dont think has been completely addressed...the issue of tires. I know that the F103GT can run rubber tires, but pan cars at their very nature run foam tires. This is a sort of expense that I dont think many people will want to incur on a weekly or monthly basis. I know that there are cap tires out ther ebut thos egenerally are run on oval...what kind of tires should any sort of 10th pan class be looking at?
Foam. At 2" wide (rear tires), and the way that these cars normally drive, they will last a good long time. Rubber caps take too long to heat up to produce the traction needed for them to work, and rubber tires would need to be engineered for this car. These cars by their very nature are much lighter and would need a new formulation of rubber and foam insert and rims in order to get something that has any chance of working. We know that foam tires is a working combination. Let's not re-invent the wheel since it works so well.