Thread: BMI's DB12R
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 06:56 PM
BlackedOutREVO
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by $rusty$
You can't put the ESC and Rx infront of the batteries

There is plenty of room in the middle of the chassis..
Thats alot of wire to get to the motor with the speedo in front of the batts though

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Like I said this is an early prototype of the chassis. The production chassis looks completely duiffrent, is a touch wider and will accomodate at least the LRP and SP speedos without anything hanging off the side.
I will be using a R1 PRO in it, so its a small speedo.....

Originally Posted by protc3
The car is going to have final changes made to it. It will fit Lipo and 4 cell along with room for the electronics. It is very hard to do an ideal layout for the lipo in the center because of the weight of a brushless speedo. The car just wont balance out well. It will be designed to work the best with a 4 cell pack or lipo in place of the 4 cell pack. After speaking with some of the manufacturers this week, we are all pretty much in agreement that 7.4v lipo will not be the way to go in these cars. We will be doing more testing and i will keep you all updated. All of us manufacturers are working together and designing our cars to specific platforms. We were all in agreement that 7.4 is not the way to go. It will be an option though.
I will buy the one that will fit the lipos the best... I wont use anything but my lipo in it.....

I can deal with cramped room, and use weights to balance it out or something....... Heck I dont mind putting the ESC on top of the little shock mount to keep the speedo centered...... IDK, I guess make the plans when the car actually is for real, and I have one in my hands