R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New traxxas e-maxx
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 02:20 PM
sharpe351
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rockstar81
Wow you hit the nail on the head, I use 8k in the front and 10k in the rear. Not that I don't appreciate your suggestions but I have tried just about everything and still tear up something in the drivetrain about every 3-4 runs (I get about 30-35 minutes out of the lipo). Any tougher hop-ups? FYI I lossen the slipper about a full turn and it doesn't happen but it slips for roughly 60+ feet when I get on it, slow acceleration.
what gearing are you using? It may be the whole cause of the problems you have. The slipper setting is WAY off. Mine is set at 1/4 turn back from tight. You may have to tune the power down a bit. If you are running a Velineon Motor and an aftermarket ESC on 11.1 Lipo then, I don't understand why you are breaking parts. The Velineon system is not quite as torquey as the HV Maxx, especially the 4.5R. Your gear ratio can tell me alot about the setup you have and may fix your problem all together. Also, Try the CVD's from Traxxas. I use them on my truck and have had no issues. They are considerably thicker than the MIP version. I think that will help. Are you running stock shafts for the trans to the diff connection? I used MIP for the Revo 3.3. The front shaft needs help to fit but its in there. Check for binding in the drivetrain too. Mine had some when I first got it, but the pinion needed shimming in the front to cure it.