R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - DIGITAL OR ANALOG
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 01:06 AM
nigelnuggets
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Nigel never mentioned anything about rotating weight although I totally agree with you. Less rotating weight definitely helps and I have worked on that as well Tommy. Ybslow aluminum front spool. Ybslow aluminum front shaft. Ybslow aluminum 2 sp shaft. Kyosho lightweight clutch bell, and aluminum pinions. I switched the brake pulley back to the plastic one off an earlier RRR.
I also use the Kyosho Titanium bevel shafts in the diff. I would always remove rotating weight when I can.

If it didn't matter not only would there not be all the option parts, but there wouldn't be a minimum weight rule. When it comes to static weight, there is only one advantage to having an underweight car. If you have to add weight back onto your car you can at least try to add it down low and in places to help balance the car to your liking. Have you ever seen or heard of the guys that have 4 small scales to try and get the weight on every wheel even? It isn't easy let me tell you. You would be shocked how the balance can change with one rotation of a spring collar.
I did say drivetrain, i guess i have to further elaborate, but then again even if i did, you're always right Scott.