R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - DIGITAL OR ANALOG
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 07:17 PM
going4#1
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YBSLOW
E. Roch 36 posts = 36 stupid posts!!!! Dude are you retarded or just bored, what have you won? 3rd grade spelling be or nothing ..............I'm guessing!!!!

Go away!!!!
You said it dude. How does a discussion on servos degrade into a completely out of topic comment on someone's driving? E. Roch, take a hike!

Getting back to servos, I don't think Scott is alone in his quest for driving down weight. I go out to a club that ranges from sponsored drivers driving 30 races a year or more down to casual drivers like myself driving 10 or less races/year and I'd say over 50 percent of drivers are highly concerned with getting weight down to a minimum. Some don't care much, others don't know, and yes, there are a few good drivers drivers who don't fuss with weight much but the majority of top drivers that I see constantly look for an advantage and will take it where they can get it. If it's weight, they go for it. Is there a real no doubt about it advantage? Who knows? No stats are kept on winning cars vs. weight. For big meets, all cars are above a certain weight but no one asks the winner 'How heavy was your car?' Of the world's top 100 drivers I'd say each driver had different ways of getting there.

On the BLS, it looks like a great servo for sure. I'm interested but it's the servo's price, more than it's weight, that bothers me. There is a hint of new for the sake of new so people don't lose interest or Futaba doesn't look like old tech. New products always carry development costs in their price. Servos and brushless motors have been around a long time so combining isn't exactly 'high tech'. I'm sure Hitec, Sanwa, or Ko Propo could build the same thing. For me, the ultimate servo would let me control torque and speed (so I could switch it to any application I needed), would be reliable, have low current draw, be lightweight, and be low cost.

Rob