R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Steve "The Evicerator" Weiss
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Steve Weiss
The Evicerator

There's very little chance of damage from the wire coming undone from the motor... the damage might have occured from the excessive heating needed to melt solder enough that it would come undone.

I would open up the motor and check iout to make sure that none of the wires look charred or melted together.

Originally Posted by tfrahm
A question for the Novak experts...:

Last night, during the 4-cell 13.5 Oval A-main, a car spun out in front of me (while I was in the lead, of course!) and we hit head-on. The other car sort of bounced out of my way, and I went on.... Sort of.... My car was slow and really sounded weird...

I ran one lap and pulled the car off -- a quick inspection showed that one of the three motor power wires had come off in the wreck (the blue one if it matters). At home, after the races, I resoldered the wire onto the motor and everything seems OK..

?? Is there any chance of damage to the motor ??

(I never dreamed the motor would run on 2 out of 3 wires! -- For the record, once I got the car off the track, it would NOT run, but prior to that, it did complete about a lap and a half getting back to where I could pull it off... And, as noted above, after resoldering the wire, everything seems OK...)