R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-3
Thread: Mugen MTX-3
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2003, 11:33 PM
Corse-R
Tech Elite

Originally posted by eddiethefish
Let's create a scenario: If one were to go to a track where EP and GP run together. Would one set up the EP exactly the same as the GP? Would the person drive EP exactly the same way he/she drives GP if based on the same setup?

There are many things we can neglect on GP that DO matter on EP. Please correct me if I overlook any important factors here. I mean, GP pretty much don't have the Anti-Squat or the Kick-up to play with already, but we do have the roll center to play with, at least. Tweaking can be compensated if one know how to apply the throttle and maneuver the steer accordingly.
Many times is a matter of preferences and the possibility of adjustment. A friend that went from 1/8 gas cars to EP touring, bought an Xray Evo2, the first times at the track, he was overhelmed with all the adjustments of the car and he wasn't able to decide what needed to modify and needed constant help for the setup of the car (in fact, their setup sessions were done on the rostrum, he drived the car and I watched it, made some adjustments and got feedback about the adjustment), this for not saying about how it drived the EP around the track (try to drive a rubber EP touring like a 1/8 scale car ) laptimes were simply nasty.

Some months after he was much better tweaking their GP cars and he got a more delicate driving. He was much constant driving and got better lines at the track. Definitely, EP helped to improve their driving and setup skills.

About your last sentence, isn't all true. Setup of the car is very important, no matter how much dexterity you have controlling throttle and steering if you need to go battling with the car around the track, you will be slower.