R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pro10 Class
Thread: Pro10 Class
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 11:33 AM
CypressMidWest
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cosmo
I would hope so, but the CRC car will more than likely cost more than their 1/12 car, which costs $265. The Darkside car is $300.

I'm really hoping this class will take off, but as it is, the prices are too high to get into it. At least, for me it is. And as a potential first-time racer, I can just imagine asking "how much does one of those cars cost" and hearing "well, the car itself is $300, then you have to buy batteries, a motor, a radio, a speed control, etc." By contrast, a RTR touring car is $250-300 and includes the radio, electronics, motor, etc.

I don't mean to cast a dark cloud on this discussion, though. I have always been a huge pan car fan. I just hope the manufacturers don't price themselves out of the game before the even get to play...
I agree with your statement to some extent, but let's look at this realistically. Competitive TC's (sport or RTR cars are not competitive), cost $350 and up, before you add any additional "necessities" (a one-way, or diff, thicker chassis etc.) The CRC, Darkside and BMI cars are full-boat, zero hop-up cars. I think a very important part of getting the class off the ground will be getting the current crop of racers to bite on the class, and the 'hi-zoot" factor is what sems to attract the serious racers.

I'm sure it would be possible for some manufacturers to release G10 versions of their cars to shore up cost a bit, which may help bring in new blood. Does Corally still offer the CCT as a RTR?