R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T1
Thread: Xray T1
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2003, 10:13 PM
Accord
Tech Fanatic

Racenut, I race on a weekly basis at a carpet track on rubber tires. The absolute best rubber tires for carpet racing are the Take-Off 27's. Also, you will definetly need to use traction compound otherwise your car will be impossible to control regardless of your setup. Make sure you put on traction compound 5 minutes before going onto the track. When you're on the track, you can actually feel the traction compound slowly wearing off every lap you complete. Whatever your ride height is set at your an asphalt surface, lower the front and rear by 1mm, I reccomend 4mm in the front and 5mm in the rear. For springs, I use whites in the front and yellows in the rear and I have the adjustable shock dampening set in the middle for front and rear. Make sure you have 1.5 degrees of toe in on the rear wheels and negative 1 degrees camber. For the front I use .5 degrees toe in and negative 1 degrees camber. I have the bottom shock mounting positions for front and rear set at the stock position reccomended by the manual, however the front upper shock positions are in the middle and the rear upper shock positions is the middle row and the 3rd hole from the outside.

Wow, that was a pretty messy setup I just typed up, haha. I should really compile all of this onto a setup sheet.