R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - DIGITAL OR ANALOG
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 02:01 PM
rx7ttlm
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
I used the protek 1300 lipo pack. As meron mentioned I was very interested in weight and space savings so it was the best choice. I chose the novak 3amp regulator with the switch. There are lots of regulators and I would probably choose a higher amperage regulator just for a margin of error. I also seem to be one of a dying breed that uses on/off switches.

Something else I did to save weight and keep things clean: I purchased the tool that crimps on servo plugs. All the electronics on my car have the wires cut to the proper length.

On my voltage regulator it was easier to cut off the shrink wrap the covers the voltage regulator. I unsoldered all the wires from the PC board and then cut them to length. Then I resoldered the wires and reshrunk the PC board. That all saves some weight, and makes the wiring a lot cleaner. If I ever want to eliminate the switch all I have to do is solder a jumper wire onto the PC board in place of the switch.
I am a tool whore, I want this thing you speak of lol.. That and short wires without soldiering on the board would be nice lol..

M- you have pm