R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Why is 1/10scale Gas Truck down
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 10:25 AM
OTE_TheMissile
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This summer will be my 4th year racing nitro, the first 2 were spent with an Ofna HODR and/or LX Comp we all referred to as the "Frankenbuggy". The thing that upset me most during those first two years is I was getting beaten by hack drivers. What I mean by that is, approaching a rhythm section I'd be sure to take my time and line the car up for the first takeoff, and try to do the section as cleanly as possible. At the same time, someone behind me just went hell-bent for election, overshot the landing by a mile and a half, landed directly on the tail which made the car endo about three dozen times, by some miracle land on all 4 tires, and keep going like nothing ever happened. Meanwhile I'm still working my way through.

It really sucked any and all fun out of racing, getting beat like that, and I was already a veteran of electric Stock Truck, so it made sense to me that I should switch to Gas Truck. Conveniently this came just as the RC10GT2 was released, and all last summer I had an absolute BLAST racing it. Even though there wasn't much of a following for them and I often got stuck in with the Monster Trucks, most times I was running faster than they were.

So yeah, 1/8th Buggy, Truggy, doesn't really do it for me. Gas Truck for life