R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pro10 Class
Thread: Pro10 Class
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 04:36 PM
AdrianM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The 7 manufacturers working together on the 200mm Pro 10 project are working out what chassis rules we can. Motor and battery rules are up to you guys. We suggest running the same power systems used in 1/12th scale cars...4 cells and 17.5/27T, 19T/10.5 and open Mod motors. This will keep the speeds in check and guarantee good driveability.

6 cell speed is what killed Pro 10 before so we are all a bit worried about running these cars on 7.4v LiPo. If guys running 6cell/7.4v LiPo focus on 21.5/Mabuchi,17.5/27t and 10.5/19t with no open mod the speeds should be about right.

Some one brought up ROAR. ROAR usually lets racers run a new class for a year or two until they start seeing some consensus on what racers want to run motor, battery and body wise. Then they take that info and generate a set of rules to make what most people are running into an official class.

I am really excited about how positive the response to the new Pro 10 project has been. I want to thank you all for for your feedback and comments.

FYI, I am posting a lot here because I am the only person working at on of the 7 companies involved that is NOT at the Snowbirds right now I am sure Josh, Frank, Bruce, Eric, etc....will all get involved here when they get back