R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SMC 28C High Performance 4000mAh - 5000mAh Hardcase Lipos
Old 01-29-2008, 07:30 AM
Wild Cherry
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by EddieO
Convict, I am hardly bitter........I just find many of the Lipo fanatics hypocritical......they whined whined whined about getting LIpO legal......blasted NImH any chance they could and layed into any company not embracing lipo tech............now its legal, companies are releasing stuff and they are still complaining about the products and slamming the companies and/or their products.......we'll get the same new cycle once the new power source of the future comes along......

And while we can maintain that cycle life is the #1 concern.........it's not. I think its safe to say that 99% of the people who were early users of lipo tech were already the type of racer who bought the budget packs or made their packs last the whole season........regardless of losing .1 per lap........

Now, you have the remaining population entering the Lipo scene........with a fair amount of that population being the HARDCORE racer........aka, the guys who pay the extra $30 for .001 of a volt per cell........and .1 lower IR.....the guys that charge at 10 amps, cause it FEELS like it gives more power.....the same guys who true their tires down to be one run foams......so........

What will end up happening, like I have said all along, the cycle will just repeat itself............we will have a battery war, till we get a decent grasp on what are the best cells..........then the geeks will find ways to get .001 more of volt and .1 lower IR..........people will then pay $30 more for those cells......and why? because its all in the name of speed.....

Claim what you want..........most of the same Lipo fanatics, were brushless fanatics......they said the motors could not be tuned.......they were all the same........and as we have we have seen, thats hardly been the case, just like I said way back when.......and there is still plenty left to explore.....

My company didn't do anything lipo because I was not going to put out an unsafe product that wasn't legal for any sanctioned racing.........we are a racing company.........I could of made a quick buck like some other companies did, but I decided to wait until stuff was legal......now that it is, I will move to a Lipo I like........

Whats funny now, is we are arguing about a plastic case.........just wait 12 months:P

Later EddieO

Ooooo ! I`m so dissappointed by my Carbon 3200`s I purchase last Feburary !!!

They still run great and just like new ....

None of your Brood Nk -Ml packs would of stood up more than few months...

Eddie , spec is dieing ...

Mod is now the true spec class..

You don`t have pay $30 extra for just a 1/10volt extra so you can have the advantage on your buddy`s in stock .
Now days you just buy a faster brushless motor if you think you need more speed...

And My Lrp x-11 ? I hate it !

lasts month after month always runs great with no maintenance even....

Now .....

Your company is concern about safety ?

Ka-Boom ! Is that the safety you are endorsing with Nk-Ml ?

O you tell um Eddie , keep on telling um ......

So far you been wrong , maybe next year ?