R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 06:36 AM
gixxerman
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE
Ed I try my best to get out of the way of you guys, I usually crash trying to move out the way! I must say my car is out to lunch along with my ability so far for adjusting to the speed of the 13.5. With my nerf bar broke early in that race my car pulled all over the place when it was scrubbing my right rear tire. I was constantly looking down at my radio to adjust my steering trim as I had no idea what my problem was with my car hooking till after the race. I should have just pulled it.As to the 1.45 mark Im sorry,I generally try to let the leaders go. I guess I should sit out for awhile and get a better grip on things so I dont get in the way. Sorry again Brian Daugherty
Brian sitting out will not make you any better. Like discussed before it's hard to move out of the way for a faster car but something that is definatley important especially in NASCAR! In qualifying not letting someone go will slow both of you! Remember your racing the clock only and no one else. So if someone is gaining on you lap after lap and all over the bumper lift for a second and let him pass, and put a little distance between you and him so you don't mess him up in a turn! As far as Mains go if your having a big problem where you need to adjust your radio or something major pull the car, figure out whats wrong and if plausible head back out! Doing this could have possibly saved your rear tire Friday night. Two weeks ago I took out the dominating car accidentaly (spun out in front of the Hockster) which caused me to pull my car and find out why it was running so horribly! So don't feel as though you should not be racing because of one bad night, if that was the case no one would ever race again, hell just ask Brent...........it's every Friday night for him!