R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution III
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2003, 08:45 PM
tamiyarcracer
Tech Master

Default Evo III spools

Ok I'll show my face.

I'm the Man as I guess Difuser says.
I made the spools that were floating around the US Reedy race, and the ones that Rick Draper had at the UK Reedy race
The time is near to make a second batch of these spools.

I want to appologize to the few that are still on the list that Difuser forwarded to me. I was having difficulty finding the 2.0 mm taps. I have got them coming now.

Just to let you all know, the aluminum one that I did once have will be on hold, till I can find a way to make them last longer than a day.

So here is what I will offer (till then). Two different steel units. One is a "standard" and the other "lightweight".
The difference is the Standard has 8 holes in the ring to mount the gear to, as well as the main body will be straight or flat. The lightweight will have 4 of the 8 holes enlarged (loosing weight in the outer most rotating mass). The main body will also be releived of material. Both units will be "Salt Bath Nitrited" (Surface hardened) this has been giving it great wear resistance.

Just as a reference, the "standard" is just slightly heavier than the factory one way, the "lightweight" is slightly lighter than a factory one way.

Also as a note the spool I produce mounts to the opposite side of the gear, then the factory one way. I feel this gives added support to the back of the gear instead of possibly flexing around the screws.

So with this all said. I want to start adding to my list of people interested in the spool, If you have not been contacted by me, and did give Difuser your name, please get in touch with me directly. (some names had no contact info)

contact me at
[email protected]
Please put EVO III Spool in the subject box.

Talk to you all soon.