R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 09:40 AM
Rapid Roy
Tech Master

Just a quick update to my last race a couple of weeks ago. My R40 had a fresh rebuild and upgrade to 05 Hara specs. My 1st race in over a year. The track was really slick. I ended switching to a set of old 33r's which I soaked in Paragon. I also changed the rear diff back to the 2 gear with only grease. The car was very well behaved with my base setup. I did increase the ride height to 6.5 mm f/r and increased the droop to 4mm or so f/r. After that, I called it good and raced.

I managed 18 laps in both qualifiers and 19 laps in the main. I finally got the 2 speed to shift in the main. I placed 2nd in the main. The winner turned 20 laps. Its funny to say, but I think the slick track actualy helped my driving since I had to be so careful applying throttle. 19 laps is a personal best for me, so I was pretty happy with the outcome.

On a seperate note, I raced against 5 NTC3's. Not a great nitro turnout, I know, but I thought I'd be racing against newer cars. Mine was the most up to date chassis on the track. Kind of weird. We got together a few times durring the racing and the R40 always pushed the other cars around. I had one car bump me 1/3 of the way down the straight and he spun out while I only veered a bit to one side.

I really like the car much better in this last version. Very balanced and easy to set up. I'm not saying that the car is perfect, but it's the car I have and it works well for me. How about a Hot Bodies R50??? I'll bend the ears of the HPI guys at our challenge next month and report back.