R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2008 MOTONICA Grand Prix Las Vegas Silver Bowl Raceway
Old 01-27-2008, 10:35 PM
garen
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have a stash of Medial Pro 25, 35, and 45 shore tires put away, enough for about 5 or 6 guys, so if you want to run them in April, let me know now. 1 set of tires will last you a long time. My tires look almost as good as new.

I have not tried any other tire on this car, but based on what I saw at the race and based on how my car ran, I would have to say they work just fine. My setup was an educated guess, based partly on off road buggy setup knowledge, and partly on sedan experience. I setup the car knowing I would run a harder front tire, and with the exception of a couple of changes I made at the track, I was pretty close to start with. Anyone who ran these tires and did not like them either ran the wrong combination of tires or had other setup issues.

I said my car was 95% tires ($60/set), setup (which costs almost nothing), and proper assembly/build (costs nothing but time). Setup and assembly are a big part of that 95%.

Now the good news. I am trying to get these tires made elsewhere. I doubt I'll have them before April, but I am trying. I also have some other tires coming in for testing. I have no idea if they are any good (or bad), but as soon as I get to try them, I'll post something here.

Scott, sure, I'll be your wrench. Just make sure you use a good quality exhaust gasket, I would hate for your high dollar IGT motor to go lean.

MTX-4 setups- contact Robbie at Mugen...he has raced in Vegas many times (and won once or twice) and should have a good setup for you. Maybe you can convince him to come race in April.

We will have a race within the race for the unsponsored guys in 1/8th and maybe 1/10th as well. I want to do something different, instead of a 20 minute race....I have a cool idea and as soon as I talk it over with Rich we'll post the format here.