R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SP12M 1/12th Scale
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2003, 02:47 PM
JANTLE
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Spooky for the comment. I am doing my best to make sure that Corally Holland knows what you guys have to say. I have had conversations on this topic and I can say that the comments ARE being worked on. I would not call this situation a defect. The SP12M front end works alot better than the old G style so that is an improvement. The arms are more fragile since there is no top support to the king pin. The old front end had the camber bar to keep the top of the kingpin more rigid in an impact. With out the top support the kingpin acts a a lever and snaps the carbon fibre arms. I have been working on a way to support the kingpin to make the front end more rigid. This may or may not work. The factory is working on a method as well. It is some what easy to make a one off part by hand to try an idea but then it is a much longer process to make a mass production part. Then you have to test it. If a bumper helps the situation then I would say use one. Any protection to the front end of any car is a plus. Please give us some time to work thru these ideas further. What you guys say does matter!!!!!!!!