R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray NT1
Thread: Xray NT1
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 09:16 AM
rx7ttlm
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badKarma
ok Xray guys, im sold...consider it bought on monday!! next question...whats a good steering/throttle servo combination that fits this car well? can someone explain to me about digital servo's and what radio's are compatible? i was thinking about the 3PK 2.4ghz with reciever... will this handle digi servo's or will i have to set it up special? thanks
100 oz's of torque and .09 or faster for the servos, ALL METAL GEARS. servos like the Air94357 have metal gears but ONE plastic gear that will ruin your day.
I was thinking about running the KO Propo PDS-2413 ICS light weight servos. They are a lil on the slow side but you save 20 grams.
Right now I run the air 94360/ 94758's they are a lil on the heavy side but they work well.. downside is the slop in the servo(I am a perfectionist so most ppl don't notice). its fast and works well.. trying a diffrent throttle servo to allow the return spring to work.. airtronics even without power don't return well..

Digital servos have peak torque in a larger range, and usually try to recenter themselves more.. drawback? amp draw, especially if there is any binding in your steering.. With a combination of anolog steering and digi throttle I get about an hour and a half in a 1600mah pack.. so I think we are splitting hairs in the amp draw department..