View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 07:32 AM
Integra
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedy2
I found out I could get 3 gallons out of that clutch
in theory
without checking or changing bearings or anything ....

just open up the clutch after 1-2 tanks to clean
out any grease coming out of the bearings
or it could be starting to slip
and you are gone again for 2 gallons....

brass shimm comes between adapter and first bearing
to shield and should be replaced every 2 gallons

the 2007 TT set-up isnt imo the best set-up...the older 2 shoe design is Significantly better...the 4 shoe tends to heat up the springs...Loose bottom end snap..and make u think its the motor...when in relaity its just the clutch saggin out...I never did like the feel of carbons...so it felt too slippery to me....I personally use the 8 clutch with Great suscess....Dyna shoes and All silver springs......i run my clutch for a Maximum of 1 Race weekend...then the bearings get changed and the bell gets cleaned up...i dont know how guys are burning down there clutch's....its 1 of the best set-ups out there...with M2C right there with em......a clutch will NEVER last a solid 3 gallons with Zero maintnance....wear items like this just need to be checked over Way more then most guys think.....and ALSO....clutch wear gets ALOT worse as ur driving improves....Trust me I kno....i maintain 3 guy's trucks and ther all at different skill levels and with mostly the same gearing/clutching they seem to make the shoes last a weee longer then i can....but thats cuz im on the throrrle 90% more then they are...chk my vids...ull see what im talkin about.