R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SMC 28C High Performance 4000mAh - 5000mAh Hardcase Lipos
Old 01-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Danny/SMC
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
Danny/SMC always seems to be at the cutting edge of thecnology .
I would like to see what the #'s are like from the Orion 3600 with barrel connectors . My charger won't give average voltage or do 35 amps, let alone i.r. . Seems to me the round cells have more snap, but not the ability to sustain voltage over time. I'd love to see a chart plotting the two discharge cycles against one another . For that matter , I wonder what #'s the pros have in their cars compared to what I can buy right from SMC ?

We will be testing all popular Lipos to see the difference between ours and what is available on the market. When we released our 22C pack we did test many packs and our pack had the best average voltage and lowest IR.

As far as voltage curves between NiMh and our new Lipos the NiMh should still have a bit more voltage upfront but possibly the super low IR of our new packs may mean that the Lipo may run as well or better. We will be track testing after the Snowbirds.

Our Team drivers do get the best cells we have at the time of the major race but since we do so many cells every week we only pick cells the week of the race so all they other weeks where there is no major races we sell everything we match up so there is plenty of great packs on the market. The newer generation NiMh cells are very consistent voltage wise so there isn't a big difference between cells so there is plenty of packs with the same performance.