R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Nitro Vs Electric
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 10:19 PM
StabNPoke
Tech Rookie

IMO

I just got into the hobby 4 weeks ago, yes I'm a newbie. So I went out and bought a GT2 and a T4 with the complete mindset to race them both (which I do, not well mind you but's fun as hell with both) at a local track here in WNY. I've been reading and researching about this hobby in both forms for 2 week longer (6 weeks). The funny thing about this thread is, that no matter which side you guys are on, your both right !!!

1) The T4 after some minor hop-ups, Batteries/chargers ect ect was more pricey than the GT2 with the same type of hop-ups (bell cranks/pinios, tires, shocks, servos some better turnbuckles ect ect literally in my case practically identical all said and done).

2) As far as learning to tune them, the electric was by far easier for those Plug~n~play times we all need, although (again imo) Nitro is more fun to breakin and tune. It's more "alive and connected" feeling to me. Not just another computer running our lives and doing the work for us.

3) Driving them, well I have my days I like both and hate both. Snappy, wining electrics w/uber smooth streeing, I love it !! Feeling, listening, smelling getting that "I created this animal now watch me tame it" sensation from the nitro just rocks.

All in all I have no opinion on the tread. Now that I think about it most lovingly dislike both of them equally