R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What ESCs are you using?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 04:20 PM
anotherrcguy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default why the storm drain

Originally Posted by joe of loath
may i ask WHY you put your car in a STORM DRAIN?

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was driving my xxx-t one night testing the slipper clutch settings and I just put a 10x2 checkpoint in my car at 10:00pm and tightened my slipper too tight. I drove it down to the end of the street and when I turned and punched it the car launched directly into the storm drain. It took me an hour to fish it out with a rake....

[QUOTE=Ferrarimk13;4117251]i didnt know they run electrics in louisiana. JUST KIDDING, that was a joke, i know its not funny, sorry, not trying to be mean, dont hurt me

When I looked on the web a few years ago for a esc. I saw a add that showed the QC2 submerged in water and running and I thought how dumb is that!! I sure am glad it is waterproof

FEATURES

Fully waterproof and shock-resistant. LRP has made the QC2 waterproof and virtually shockproof. As a result, the Quantum Competition 2 can be completely submerged while it's running without any chance of harming its components. Of course, the rest of the car won't be too happy about getting that wet, but it's good to know that a run under the hose when the track is watered during practice will pose no risk of frying your ESC.

Reactive software. Many racing speed control manufacturers can boast about their products' adjustable drive frequency settings, but the Quantum Competition 2 offers a whole lot more. When you want the most punch possible with a stock motor, you set the frequency to a low setting, and you make just the opposite setting for a hot mod to keep it drivable. LRP's Reactive software is totally different because to deliver the best possible performance, it actually changes the frequency, motor current and accelerator signal as you run. Coming out of a corner, the Reactive software will detect this, and it will then deliver maximum punch by using a low frequency and altering the other parameters. On a long straight, the Reactive software raises the frequency and changes the other parameters for higher top speeds and more efficiency. No more compromises.

Digital Engine Mapping System 2 (DEMS-2). The DEMS-2 has five available settings (called maps) for punch control. Punch is increased in each map, but this doesn't hinder top speed as it can do with lower-tech current limiters. The DEMS-2 feature works with the Reactive software. Selecting a specific map tells the QC2's Reactive software which frequency range to operate in.

Adjustable punch (DEMS-2), initial brake and automatic brake. The programmable modes of operation are punch control (DEMS-2), initial brake and automatic brake, and each mode has five settings. In the punch-control mode, the higher the setting, the harder the car will accelerate. As the initial brake setting is increased, you will notice a more progressive brake feel. The goal is an exponential-like feel with the more progressive settings. A lower setting yields a more linear feel with equal amounts of braking action for trigger movement. The automatic brake setting determines how much, if any, brake is delivered at neutral. A "zero" setting delivers no automatic brake, and a ҵӠsetting will, conversely, yield what LRP refers to as a "strong braking effect" at neutral.

External solder points. The Quantum Competition 2 comes prewired and ready to install, but external solder points make it easy to replace wires when necessary. If you frequently swap your ESC between vehicles, this is an especially welcome feature.

Automatic start. This feature delivers instant power with vir- tually no delay at the tone; just activate it by holding full brake for 5 seconds before the start of the race. This mode disables any torque-limiting effect, so you'll have full power at the tone. When the trigger returns to neutral or brake is applied, any current-limiting software is re-engaged.

4-cell-ready. The Quantum Competition 2 is engineered for 4-cell operation without the need of a receiver pack. Since the QC2's tiny size makes it particularly attractive to 1ڱ2-scale guys, the 4-cell compatibility is a major bonus.

Limited lifetime warranty. LRP offers lifetime replacement service and repair free of charge for the QC2 through Team Associated (in the USA). With this kind of "guarantee," you know your money is well spent and that this high-end ESC is a solid investment. LRP is confident that it offers a high-quality product, and it stands by it.