R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4TC SD
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2003, 07:06 PM
JimmyMac
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Okay, yesterday I ran at Durham (Nats Track). Didn't have any luck at all. I burnt up another speedo in Mod class. My fault though. I guess. But I have a new one on the way (Keyence) from Speedtech. For stock my car was pretty hooked up. But didn't get to run the main with it because of the fried ESC. So I ran my friends Barracuda with my receiver, motor, and batt. His car glitched pretty bad, so I only ended up 4th. But the car was hooked when it could drive without the glitches. My guess in his car was it's his cheap Hitec Digital Servo coupled with a Novak Cyclone TC. Not sure on the specs, but I figure the servo was sucking all the juice it could from the ESC/Receiver then I would turn the car at full throttle. Servo sucked the juice, signal loss..... so glitching. And there's more to it. But won't get into that. Basically just coast off throttle and then turn off power and no glitching. Blah blah blah...

Back to Yok talk.. anyways... I had a bad day at my home track. I broke 3 front drive shafts!! 2 of the shafts were the Tobee Craft aluminium ones. I know.. I should have known better to stick them up front. But I wanted to see what they could do. First one I broke was with a Spool in Mod class. Second was in Mod with a oneway (lost my drive cup but found it later.) The last one was the stock Steel one with a oneway. (lost it but found it later again.) Anyhow, I guess I'll be ordering some Ti ones from Square.

Well looks like I'll be running Stock instead of Mod this year. Can't seem to find the right setup for Mod. But I'll be running Mod 1/12th with my Yok. Now for the track it's pretty technical and nice. I haven't seen it quite like this in a long time. Actually it's about as technical as it's been. And this is a good thing. I've heard alot of people bitching about it. But once they race on it, things have changed. They decided they liked it. hehe...

I guess I'd better go. putting my Yoks back together prepping it for my new ESC tomorrow. So take it easy... oh yeah.. also the Tobee Craft Rear input shaft seems to be very very very slightly warped. It binds up making the whole drive train not as free as with the stock steel one. I'm thinking it was the Mod motor that did it. Well let me go.

Jimmy Mac