R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - DIGITAL OR ANALOG
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 04:45 AM
NOVICE4EVER
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Oasis
Servos..The great debate....Most manufactures (major) make good servos nowadays..Brands it all comes down to personal preference..A lot of guys like hitec..I have had to many bad experiences with them..I do know quite a few guys that have had great luck using their digitals though. I would look more at numbers..For steering somewhere in the 140oz to 200oz any more would be overkill, Speed is once again a personal preference, I look for something in the .10 range, I have used servos in the .06 and I ended up slowing the speed down, On steering I prefer digital because they seem to center better (more consistent) than an analog servo. On the throttle I prefer an analog servo due to the fact that they hold up better in stall situations than digital servos do..your end point adjustments are a lot more critical on a digital servo than they are on an analog servo,,It's very easy to burn up your digital servo. Once again for the throttle I look at the numbers..Something in the range of 90oz to 140oz depending on the brakes and how much i wish to spend..I have been using a Futaba S3305 on some of my off road MT's it's in the 130oz range and it's not real fast but it's fast enough for me, and it was cheap ($31.50 at my LHS). If you want to keep the costs down you could go with a JR 650 for steering and a JR 590 for the throttle..Both would cost you in the $90 range..I guess it depends on how much you want to spend. Pretty much if you pay attention to your end point adjustments and dont hit to many "objects" you should get quite a bit of use from your servos. Everyone has opinions on Brands..and some are fiercely loyal to said brand....I really feel that as long as you stick to the major brands you'll be fine..It's the numbers..that's the key to servo happiness. I use JR 9100T's in my truggys, that would be overkill in a 1/10 TC..Numbers..
Thanks for the feedback, yup i always hear about "personal preference", but the problem right now i don't have any preference
One thing more the word "end point adjustment" i believe that "EPA" in my controller which i dont know how to use it and another word is "ABS" which i cant figure out the functions.
I might consider your suggestion digital for steering and analog for throttle thanks.