R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 03:21 AM
Blueman Austria
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Markiempje
last year, running on asfalt outdoor with medium grip and a 19T motor i experienced that using anit-dive or kickup wasn't my thing.
kickup was really bad as the car put all his weight on the front wheels when when slowing down for a corner with a one-way. this made the car really loose in the back. tried anti-dive too but this gave too little steering so i left them parallel to the deck.
when driving stock i dont think you brake that much. anti-dive, as said before here somewhere, makes your car more stable during braking as it transfers less weight to the front of the car. when driving stock you want an as high as possible corner speed because accelerating with a stock motor while having a nice straight-end speed dont go together...

now i have a question myself too, last year i set our new local track record with my awefull xray T2 . now i see that most of you guys at the DHI cup used the D-D blocks at the front. this is against what i noticed at my track. i used the narrowest possible front end to get as much corner speed as possible. whats the difference here?

later,
Mark
THX for the Info.

Greetings Blueman