R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Future of Nitro On Road Racing
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 05:44 PM
genesisG4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
I think there is a big pull around here for picking the right RTR and will take you most of the way.. I hate to say it but some of the Kyosho platforms arent bad.. but parts support sucks.. the Nitro TC3 is sadly one of the strong contenders that can take you to the novice nitro winners circle.. If asc makes another nitro car. I think it would be a winner considering the rest of their race stable.. I run xray because I love the cars, and they are sweet. However, I don't always suggest them to the new guys that could get a TC5 and save 100 bucks off the top.. set them up with a used brushed esc since they aren't worth much these days. and send it.. There has to be a chassis in the pipeline that you won't need special tires for, won't need all the crazyness.. reasonably priced replacement parts and whatnot..

I speak from experience and I am sure everyone else agrees....the new guys do not need the best as they are going to spend the first few races bouncing off the boards and tearing corners off anyway. Once they perfect their driving skills, then they can start upgrading their equipment.