R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SMC 28C High Performance 4000mAh - 5000mAh Hardcase Lipos
Old 01-21-2008, 11:48 PM
trilerian
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
I really enjoy RC racing and I would hate to see it go away.
I don't think you will have to worry about that, as even if all things come to fruition that the even the most die hard lipo hater wants to, we will still have sub-c to run. Interestingly enough, the classes that you would want the high discharge for are what, stock and 19t. You have said on previous threads that the memory effect is less in modified cars. Well, in stock and 19t, good nimh packs have the advantage anyways, so if someone is looking for the advantage they should be running nimh. There, problem solved; if you are looking for that edge then you should be running nimh cells. The people who use lipo really are in it for the convenience factor. There is no need to do voodoo to the packs because if that is what we are looking for then nimh works great. However, if you do happen upon something that increases performance without degrading the pack, and is easier than messing with nimh cells, I would be more than happy for you to post it.