R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SMC 28C High Performance 4000mAh - 5000mAh Hardcase Lipos
Old 01-21-2008, 09:31 PM
DRRC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

I have been using Lipo for more than a year with and without casing
I have had no problems with it, I have never dumped and have used them more than 3-4x per raceday. I have 3 Lipos in 3 offroad cars. I use an Orion charger and have had no problems. Lipo was the future before but is the way now because of the number of times you can use it everyday. I have 10 4200s and have not used them for a while because of the lipos. Lipos have made it cheaper and easier for me to enjoy my hobby. I am not the fastest guy but not the slowest guy in the track, but Lipos have been getting me thru my races and it has been cheaper and more exciting bec of the lower winds of BL motors we can use because of the higher mahs.
Josh Cyrul (love your video of you 1/8 jumping your house) and the other pros might be affected by 1volt increase but the non pro racers may not. So for me the benefit of cycling lipos and warned to be carefull is not for me. For me I would say Lipo and BL made me come back and race again bec it is fun again and not so expensive like before. Dont know if the manufacturers are getting a hit because of the lipos but the racers like it and ROAR has now approved it. We still have alot to learn about lipos but right now if you use it right the way it is supposed to be used it should be safe

Just my 2 cents