R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SMC 28C High Performance 4000mAh - 5000mAh Hardcase Lipos
Old 01-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Josh Cyrul
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

syndr0me - I haven't seen Jack nor Danny post that anyone SHOULD overcharge the lipos. As a matter a fact no one posted that you SHOULD do this.... It was posted that by doing this, you can increase performance with a risk. Danny spoke about cycling to increase the performance being good if you were looking for getting more out of your packs for hard racing. Someone who IS NOT an SMC rep posted about overcharging....

I've watched everyone take shots at SMC for a while on here and 99% of the time I've seen Jack and Danny lead the way with batteries giving racers the best performing cells and even refusing/sending back thousands in cells to a mfg who's products were sub par and outright dangerous to the customers.... They know their stuff and are usually a head of the game reguardless of what all of you think.

I myself am happy to learn about this so I can post warnings and information at our track reguarding this. I will also post that the track that anyone caught doing this will be banned. I suggest that other tracks and all mfg's make up a warning sheet that everyone is well aware of....