R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SMC 28C High Performance 4000mAh - 5000mAh Hardcase Lipos
Old 01-21-2008, 08:12 AM
Tornado_Racing
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oXYnary
Curious, I'm unfamiliar with the CE Lipo Update (not that I would want such a overpriced piece of fluff). Was this done in conjunction with a balancing mode? No, I do not feel balancing helps in stock, 19, 17.5, or 13.5 racing. We're not hitting the pack very hard to off-balance the cells. In mod high drain/load conditions balancing should be done. Did you compare a balance regular charge/discharge against it? No, I do not own a balancer.

What I find confusing is Lipos have been in other parts of the hobbies for years now, yet now suddenly in the car section this overcharging method is discovered? Shouldn' this have cropped up by now in example racing aircraft? Or with Major Lipo Brands such as Kokam or Thunder Power?

The Cats out of the bag either way, and I don't believe censoring what was posted was/is the answer. Giving substantial scientific process proof (no comparisons to other charge methods/chargers given) would go along way one way or another.