View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 03:03 PM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pijjetrf
Sorry forgot to add setup sheet sorry
right...
Sus. mount spacers go under the blocks. This basically is the coarsest method of changing the roll centre of the car. More spacers = higher roll center. Also allows the adjustment of kick-up/anti-dive on the front, and anti-squat on the rear.

Wheel spacers are the shims that go outside the wheel hex. Help to alter the track (width) of the car.

Sus. Arm Spacers are used to alter the wheel base of the car, so are on the hinge pin. By moving the shims around you can lengthen/shorten the wheelbase, or change the weight distribution by moving both F&R arms the same amount forward/backward. Keep it as kit for now though... or if your running D/D blocks on the front, 0.5mm back on the front (2mm behind the arm rather than 2.5).

The little spacer pointing to the rear hub (just labelled Spacer) is another wheelbase adjustment, but on the outside of the arms. Not played with this setting yet.

Steering spacer; used to alter the ackerman of the car. More shims = less ackerman (wheels turn more parallel), I believe, though I could be wrong. Someone on here will correct me other wise :P

As for part numbers... any 3mm spacers will work for all but the wheel spacers. Tamiya do offer a set with a range of thickness' (Part #TAM53539 I think), so maybe worth grabbing a couple of sets.
Wheel spacers I wouldn't worry about too much, the 416 comes with 4 of both 0.5 and 1mm, which is all you really need.

However, tamiya do offer some suspension block spacers to make it easier to change the shims under the blocks, as they just slide in. Part# are TAM53932 for the 0.5mm, and TAM53933 for the 1mm spacers.

HiH
Ed

Last edited by TryHard; 01-20-2008 at 03:11 PM. Reason: part#'s... as ever... boo