R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Future of RC
Thread: Future of RC
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 02:42 PM
scootr117
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Team Crash
I also agree with you. But the question is how do we get them from "go cart" driver to "car" to "F1". Without loosing them???????? So they will continue to come back.

There and my ignorance will be the delima to overcome. Always has been and always will be. They are new and yes they do buy that car they (and i) can't drive yet (getting better though).

i'm relatively open minded however what you just said in layman terms is " hey stupid, what were you thinking? " and that translates to the new guy as yep your right i was stupid for spending this money and i will e-bay this thing right away and find another endevure. ='s NEW GUY, GONE.

By the time the new guy shows up he has already made a stupid descission, the question is do we let him fiqure it out, or do we compound the issue by telling him how stupid he or she is? or do we fiqure out a way to keep them???????????????????????

I know you don't want them racing with you, but at the same time you would like more racers around (Catch 22, what were you thinking, Man i wish there were more racers here on Sunday), but hay lets find and keep someone that will run with him. and 1-2 or 5 years down the road somebody is asking him questions. Hence a new racer is born.

Maybee it is just my local calaber of drivers, but after reading articles, and posts here i have found that all are questioning how to save rc. Can't tell you how many times it would be easier to just stop. Which is why i'm sharing my experiences with you before you loose me or the next new guy LOL.

Perfect example, Last sunday i raced in 3 heats and Main (Finished all races) big defeat for me. During the regular heats 4 cars in each race, the main 8 cars. 7 were all faster than me. My best 27 Laps Others finished with 30-34. Yep do the math. (7 cars)(Passed me 5-7 Times) that is 35 to 49 cars going around me. Pushing towards the higher number because most finished with 32 or more.

Imagine a 5 minute race head to head neck to neck with 35-49 Lead changes with the best drivers i bet they bump eventually. So i get out of the way for 34 to 48 of the passes, but quess what gets remembered. The one that didn't get by. Believe it or not it bothers the new driver (probably more because his state of mind is already negative) just as much as the experienced driver. The difference is the experienced driver says hey "maybee he won't show up next week" and the new guy starts thinking "maybee i shouldn't come next week"

Hense the cycle continues. That unsaid "wish that guy would just stay home" is hovering around the track and though it is not said it is very very much well stated and perfectly heard!!!!!

Been at that track........know the feeling. BUT..I gauge myself on my performance not being lapped a few dozen times. I am however looking forward to the summer series in Dayton...the sportsman class has the breakout rule....money and wall-o-gear means nothing....weekly there are RTR's, TT-05's, My Xray T1 and an OLD losi...all running close with a chance to win.....sure there are some really fast guys in the pro class...but they stay out of the sportsman class to not sandbag.....Try getting up there this summer....you'll like it