R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SMC 28C High Performance 4000mAh - 5000mAh Hardcase Lipos
Old 01-20-2008, 01:47 PM
4wd Racer
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks for clarifying that Danny. I was aware they had a slight memory effect, but it wasn’t to my attention that it was extreme enough to warrant a high discharge/cycle procedure to obtain it.

Everyone, about the above procedures, I'm pretty sure ROAR has some rules (or if they don't, they should) to prevent the nearby guy pitting you from performing those extreme charging and discharging steps posted by Tornado.

If some of the ROAR rules and guidelines aren't followed for proper use of Lipo's at a race event, i.e. deliberately charging a Lipo pack past 8.04 vlt on purpose during an event the racer would be disqualified, or past a certain charge rate/amp recommended for a such pack. All that has to be done is bring it to the race director's attention in order to put that racer on "probation" for the race event, then disqualified if that is found to be the case. It's simple as that. The same if they aren't charge in a Lipo sack during a such procedure. Rules are in place or hopefully they being written up at this moment if they haven’t yet to prevent that from happening.

Now we COMPLETELY understand why ROAR wants to do this regardless if the pack are either soft or hard case to reduces the chances of injury or incidents from racers trying a such procedure. Even though certain performance increases can be obtained, it isn't safe or worth it to risk injury to your fellow racers in my opinion. No question about it.

Fortunately for me, when it comes to 2wd & 4wd off-road, there's no need to push Lipos to their extreme limits, or cycle them as described above, because they already offer more power than I can use in off-road applications, unlike on-road or oval racing.

Last edited by 4wd Racer; 01-20-2008 at 01:49 PM. Reason: grammar