R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SMC 28C High Performance 4000mAh - 5000mAh Hardcase Lipos
Old 01-20-2008, 04:15 AM
Tornado_Racing
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Yes. These are the LIPO packs that I will be carrying and will be reconmending to all my Team drivers that wish to use Lipo's. One of my team guys has been testing some of the different SMC Lipo's now for a few months with nothing but success. He has track tested them against all other brands currently available and tells me these are the best he has ran and cycled. He is very good about testing and is who I send everything to track test and torture test

EA
For racing applications there is not another Lipo pack on the market that has the voltage output as the SMC 5000. The KOKAM cells come close but for oval 4-minute and on-road 5-minute racing the SMC pack hold a higher voltage output better/longer than any other pack. MANY hours of bench and on-track testing have proven this and the SMC packs were put through some serious abuse during the testing. Un-safe abuse just to test the durability and the packs kept performing.

Alot of $$$ was spent to purchase the common 4000-8000 mah Lipo packs right off the hobbyshop shelves to do independent tests. The packs purchased can be used in the current TC, oval, and off-road applications and not one matched the performace of the SMC 5000.

If there is a negative to the SMC 5000 I would have to say it's the bright red shrink and now hardcase. You can spot one of these packs from accross the track! lol If the red does not fit your fancy then wrap it with some PARMA Carbon Fiber tape. One of my 5000 soft packs I removed the red shrink, wrapped it with Carbon Fiber tape, and then re-shrunk it with 6-cell clear shrink.

Danny and SMC have done their homework on researching the best racing Lipo cells. This translates to better on track performace for us consumers.

Thanks for the hardwork guys!