Thread: Future of RC
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 10:33 PM
Team Crash
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Here's a thought

That new guy that shows up. (Keep Him)

First of all he had the balls to show up. Even though they were handed to him on his way out. (Hopefully nicely)

Step two (Keep Him, oh did i say Keep Him or Her)
Make a class for him (especially if you don't have enough people DAH. He or she is ONE MORE racer)
Hell call it (His Name, John, Jerry, Bob Whatever) Class untill he moves on, in skill or life then make it someone else.

I am new at this (3 months) you guys have been doing this for 15-20-even saw 25 years posted here. how could you not see it.

I in my extremly short time have probably seen 10 people show up to race and either looked at the competition and left, or raced the one race they will only race in there life. Sometimes didn't even finish the first heat.

YOU CANT STICK NEW PEOPLE WITH OTHERS IT IS THAT FRICKIN SIMPLE!!!!!!

Getting beat is understandable. I got beat in baseball, football, racquetball, pool, swimming, wrestling, life, BUT I GOT MY A$$ handed to me (and still do) in R/C Racing. That is the simple difference.......................................

A new person truley feels that there is no in between. 1/10th carpet racing for me, but i'm sure it's that way for all Classes.

You have all said it "you see em come and go", well that's why.

In all sports there will always be somebody better than you. But in most sports you are always better than someone else. When you show up to race for your first time you are the worst and you do not see anyone you have the ability to beat. UNLESS of course the guy above is still there and he or she only beats ya by 1-3 laps. Not 8 to 11 laps.

When you throw 1 out to the curb one week, guess what? He won't be there when the next new guy comes in 2 weeks later, then 3 weeks later the next, heck the next one might just have 2 friends and boom 6 people that are interested have all been kicked to the curb rather than placed on the starting line together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all know How addicting it is you just give em a little sample, A REASON to stick around. Telling someone "we've all been there" doesn't work because my next question and all newbies is "So, how long have you been doing this?" And well i read your thread, and yep that's the answer the newbie gets also anywhere from 5 to 25 years (now that makes me want to stick around)......

I Got news for ya's your largest classes should always be NEW DRIVERS.....But i'm also telling ya why there not there. But i bet the original 8 to 10 drivers are there every week, at least untill the track closes........

So i am new and yes i am venting, but i'm here to tell ya's not all are willing to get there heads knocked in day in day out for 6 to 10 hours on sunday unless YOU GIVE them a reason to hang around.

They need to yes practice in order to beat the Bob, John, Jerry class but as a result of that improvement they can then at least begin to understand why the others are were they are, and just how hard they did work to get there.

Yes getting new people to stay is the answer. Some people say that doing the same thing day in and day out and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. Just think about how many people have come and gone and ask yourself why didn't they come back????