R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2003, 10:24 PM
Graphitedust
Tech Fanatic

Associated 12 question: Historical help needed.

Here's a question for all you old school guys:

A friend gave me a bag of Associated parts. Most of the stuff is new, some still in the packages. I have nearly a complete car.

I downloaded all the info I could find on the Associated website. The car appears to be a 12L, maybe a 12LW or older. I thought it would be fun to build it up as a retro car.

The chassis is made of graphite and is almost identical in shape to my 12L3's. The material has an old style look to it and though you can see the weave in the fabric, the chassis has a matte-type finish to it.

The significant difference in shape is that it has no horns or spurs for body mounts on the front, like current designs. It is straight across just in front of the front suspension. It also has no holes for the servo horns. Needless to say, it has an old-school front end, with all plastic on the car being white in color.

It appears to pre-date any of the L or LW chassis's in the Associated parts list on the website.

My question is this:
Does anyone know what era. model or vintage this car/chassis could be? Thanks! Any info would be appreciated.

Last edited by Graphitedust; 06-20-2003 at 10:31 PM.