R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What's left for ROAR to conquer?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 07:02 PM
Mason
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by EddieO
As a guy who sponsors racers, I echo nash's statements about drug use......it's quite the bummer to see the guy you are footing the bill for end up in the C main cause he is simply too stoned to concentrate...the booze is just as big as a problem, but I really don't see how any of it gets enforced.......sucks.
I want to chime in on this too..
Every year at every race somebody is drunk, making a scene, burning bed spreads, beds, leaving the upperdecker in somebody else's room, pulling fire alarms.. etc etc This crap needs to stop. It doesn't show R/C in a great light when the Hotels count up all the messes being made. How long are these places going to put up with it? Half the guys that show up look up to these Company Representitives. And hey if you're trying to be the Girls Gone Wild of R/C they might be spot on for that type of place but 99.99% of the companies aren't. They're there to sell/showcase products, etc. Maybe its high time the people take back the day and pop a couple backhands around some of these slackers and straighten things up. Do we need to start a thread (petition) on holding these guys a little more accountable?

Originally Posted by EddieO
....use the ideas I presented about no sponsor lists from stock racers, no sponsor decals.....and limit the companies ability to advertise with it.....literally make it no incentive to have stock drivers....
This is EXACTLY what was needed. Only the guys racing for the top of the mountain should be spewing advertisements. Whether its called "Factory" or "Pro" or "Expert" or "Mod". Everything else is the minor leagues. If you show well there then some Company may call you up to the big dogs if you already aren't trying to run it.