R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!
Old 01-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Joe Ford
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cain
How much can we expect the Monster Mamba Max to be without the included motor?

Any reason for going with a 1515 (this is longer can than the 1512 right?) than the 1512 and any compatibility issues for those of us with 1512's?

Any more update when the software update for the Mamba Max will be available?

Any plans for a more race oriented ESC (smaller size, solder posts, etc) that is specifically configured to run the sensored units from the other guys as those seem to be the motors for various brushless spec classes?

If not, maybe a sensorless mamba motor in the 10.5, 13.5, etc configurations?

I think the only complaint I really had about the onbase USB was the fact that it was mounted from the side. I would have preferred it from a top down perspective so it makes it easy to mount the ESC without worrying about if the port can still be reached. But I give you guys mad credit for at least doing it!
The 1515 will handle any 1/10th monster and 1/8th buggy...why we chose it. We may decide to do a 1512 or 1521 in the future. You won't have any problems running any of the Neu motors on the MMM. We're getting the software for the MMM encoded on our other controllers so you'll have the same operation on the MM and M25. No estimated release date...sorry. I'll pass the recommendation about the sensored motors to the engineers...that's all I can do there though. Can't estimate cost of the ESC alone...we don't have all the #'s finalized yet. Sorry.

Originally Posted by badassrevo
Just needed some reasurance that it was still comming.
Yep, still coming.