R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - buggy and engine combo for JCG in Dallas?
Old 01-15-2008, 11:29 AM
DOMIT
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hmmm... I probably have the fastest car at JCG. Now I just need a driver! Ok, now I KNOW I'm gonna catch some crap for that...

(I'm also probably the WORST driver there...)

The Losi is a GREAT car. Keep it maintained and it will treat you right!

Also (a bit more spendy) the Kyosho SP2 is great... you can't beat the Xray for build quality though...

I'm running a Werks B7 Pro with a JP1 pipe. Not an ideal combination, but I'm getting close to 10 minutes on a tank with a 5.5 restrictor and 14t bell.

Don't be afraid of the Losi... lots of people say it is too edgy... but I think it is pretty easy to drive. It is very light and darty... it just doesn't need the biggest, baddest motor you can find. (I bought the Werks prior to buying the Losi, had it in a Mugen. I'm not sure I would have bought that motor specifically to put in the Losi.)

What everyone is saying is true. Jake's (JCG) is pretty small for an outdoor track. It is tight enough that motor shouldn't be your primary concern. Pick a car that handles good, that has local parts support, and that other racers locally are running. That means Kyosho or Losi, and to a lesser extent Mugen and Xray. (I don't like the way the Mugen handles, but it IS easy to drive!)

Whatever care you decide to run, expect it to wear the chassis pretty fast there due to the type of dirt, and because it has quite a few rocks in the dirt. However, Jake always has a fun track layout... technical enough to challenge the faster guys, but not so obnoxious that us beginners can't get around it. He usually has some "multiple choice" features, with more than one "correct" line through them.

Brad a.k.a Captain Crash...