R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Psycho Nitro Blast (Indoor ‘round-the-clock race) Atlanta, GA Feb 1-3 ‘08
Old 01-15-2008, 08:03 AM
toolmbx6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I told you late last week that we would let out a little secret about the track. Dave and I thought for a while about whether we should even release this little nugget of information considering how most racers have never actually raced on an obstacle of this type and that we would open the flood gates and be bombarded with questions that could not be answered without actually driving the feature. First let me say that driving the feature is easy and pretty fun also. It looks imposing and, much like a large jump, it is pretty satisfying when you pull it off just right. So that being said, here we go:

“The Wall” is a 24 foot wide and 16+ foot tall vertical wall. The Wall is made of an approximately 4 foot high quarter-pipe which transitions into about 12 feet of vertical wall. The entire structure is made of wood. The object is to drive up the wall about 6 feet or so, go around a corner (yes, vertically) and come back down to continue racing on the rest of the track. One lane is up (12 feet wide) and one lane is down (also 12 feet) for a total of 24 feet wide. The apex will be between 5 and 8 feet in the air. Apex height will be determined based upon how it fits in with the “flow” of the track. We will decide during test laps.

Unless you have driven on one before, I know what you are thinking: “How can you turn with no traction in the air?” or “ That does not sound possible” or “What keeps me from flying off of the ramp and lawn-darting into the ground?” You will “get it” as soon as you see a car or truck go over it for the first time. Believe me, it is not only possible, but just as predictable as turning on the ground….just more awesome to see and drive.

We would like to thank Carolinas RC and Jon Martin for sponsoring this track feature. We think it is something special and hope that you will too.