R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Racer Z
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jammincrtjames
I have a droop measuring question. Ryan...if your out there, please chime in.

At the track this weekend a friend was helping me with my droop. To make a long story short. I was gettting the blocks out, I have 10mm Hudy blocks an Integy droop/ride height gauge and he said put that away. He proceeded to measure the shock length and collars. He then proceeded to do the hold the tires down on the set-up board an mearsure the difference between ride height and the up travel. IE. 5mm ride height, 7.5mm uptravel with the wheels on the board equals 2.5mm droop. I think I stated that correctly...im still trying to learn. I come home, put the car on the blocks and measure the droop under the arms and the reading is about 6mm. Can you see my confusion? These 2 methods are completly different and I am trying to understand what the deal is with droop measuring. the more I think about it the more I get confused.

Does anybody have a simple explanation?
Simple...lets see I like to use the block method because it is more accurate. This way you can confirm if the right and left arms are equal. I use the above right height method only when I need to make a change to the droop and don't have the time to put it on the blocks. This will get you in the ball park but is not as accurate. Hope this helps