R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - I'm back -- More Video from TnT in Austin
Old 01-14-2008, 01:02 PM
griz11
Tech Addict

Default Yea the XL2 rocks

The XL-2 is impressive from any angle. Thats the one I'm shooting for. If I have to drop back a bit I'm going to go with the GL-2. But I think the XL-2 will be in my kit soon. I only shoot in 16:9 so the XL-2's native 16:9 progressive chips are just what I need. I thought about going HD but my software won't work with some of the new HD formats and it seems to me that stuff is pretty highly compressed no matter what format you use to get it into the PC. Can't afford to buy a new pc so I think SD is the way to go for me. The varizoom stabilizer I bought is made for the XL and GL cameras. I'm looking forward to shooting lots of video this year. In a couple of months I'll be all healed up from the surgery and I'll have lots more energy. Last year I was always having to rest up or take it easy so I wouldn't get angina. Now I have my heart all fixed up that is a thing of the past. Everything works better when your heart is happy. My mind is sharper and everything. My heart had slowed down so it didn't need as much oxygen. Less oxygen to the brain slows you up. It was a scary thing to have done but I'm glad I went through with it. I still feel like I've been backed over by a large truck but its getting better a little bit each day as well. I've been thinking about selling my bike for at least 6 months but never had the energy to get it all cleaned up and some pictures took so I could put it up for sale. Even with the sore chest I got all that done in one day. Its pretty amazing how much more you can do. Still hav e to take it easy until the end of the month when they will x-ray my chest and make sure everything is knit together properly. But I'm going to try and get out and shoot a little every other week until I get the ok to go for it.

Griz