R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 705
Thread: Serpent 705
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2003, 01:16 PM
modellor
Tech Master

Originally posted by InitialD
serpentracer1, no problem. It's just that if you ask tell us you run Mugens and got a lot of Mugen spares, we would give you the honest opinion and say go with the Mugen because that's the right answer. Both cars are equal. I think anybody here would give you the same advise unlike some other place where they give opinions because they are biased Anyway, welcome It's good to have people with bigger car experience in the fold
Very true. I can agree with everything said. I run both a Serpent 705 and a Yokomo GT4 and will always give an unbiased opinion based on facts. I have built nearly every make of car and they all have there positive and negatives. If someone asks I will tell them straight what problems I noticed on any car.

However, all the problems that any of the cars have are easily remedied if you have access to the correct tools or parts required. I have only had the 705 for a short time but already it is proving to be a solid car and really good out of the box. I design and produce aftermarket parts for several cars and so far I am having a really tough time finding parts of the 705 that I can make better. So far I have only been able to work on a 4mm chassis (which I do for all the other cars I design parts for) and a set of rear rollcenter spacers (different sizes) as Serpent as of yet dont offer these for sale. Any other parts I am working on are purely cosmetic or just change screw locations to make things easier adjusted (front anti-roll bar mounts changed to alloy versions to allow screws to be loosened from below for easier access).