R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Associated Factory Team TC5, Brushless, LiPo, Li-ion Nanophosphate, Tips and Tricks
Old 01-10-2008, 06:49 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Pole Position-About those O-rings. I would put them under the four rear screws rather than distribute them front and back. A good change will result. Use them like you have pictured for a very minimal effect especially if you tighten the remaining four screws. And I say Argh. I hate this method about as much as the TC4 spine as far as being able to maintain a tweak free chassis with low wear of the top plate holes. You will be promoting movement and wear of the critical chassis parts.

I'll take a look at the Tamiya hex. What I need is something hard that fits snug in the wheel. The Losi hex is .001 bigger than associated but works better. Here is a link to the Tamiya part. Thickness and width accross the flats would be appreciated.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDLV2&P=OW

YYyayyim-I tried locking the TC5 diff early on. Here is a pic after one heat of a race. It was completely fried. I just cannot get enough tension from that tiny Associated Screw. The Losi screw is bigger here. I used Sandpaper disks in the pictured diff.

The TiR spool was on track to resolve some of these problems, but they are unresponsive to e-mails, unresponsive to received incorrect, orders, and generally a big frustration for me. I still did not get my plastic outdrives. It's been several months.

Note that Jamie has a foam tire question that needs some attention still.

So the question might be do we need multiple compound tires. I never felt the need to go this way when a satisfactory single foam tire was available when driving the 1/10 pan car.

We may have a heat of 5 electrics on the 20'th. We'll see. Exciting times.

Last edited by John Stranahan; 01-10-2008 at 07:23 PM.