R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-4R
Thread: Mugen MTX-4R
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 03:15 AM
CraigM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
Can somebody give me an idea on when to use a front spool as apposed to a one-way. What affect will it have on the handling compared to a one-way.
Thanks
I kind of have this question too, but I think I have a basic understanding. As I understand it, the spool has less steering everywhere, but gives you the same corner exit speed as the one way whilst giving you braking stability. I assume therefore that if the track you race on flows and doesn't have many heavy braking zones then go the one way, if the track has a lot of big stops especially ones where the car is turning into the braking zone use the spool. Personally I built my car with a spool and I've never changed it but I know people on here have had success with the one way as opposed to the spool

Now, can someone explain what changing the rear diff oil does? I know people thicken it up when traction is high, and I believe the effect is that you can get on the power earlier in corners, but does it affect steering? what about when the traction is medium (e.g. non vht)?

oh and yeh, kyosho shims inside, mugen outside. My clutch has always been great with this combo