R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - who has an old sgrid account they want to get rid of?
Old 01-09-2008, 04:53 PM
fhm555
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skeller
The S-Grid is a forum kinda like this....but more Pro oriented. You will find tons of useful info without alot of useless bickering. If your serious about racing and want a direct link to knowledge bank....I would recommend signing up to the S-Grid.
Sorry I forgot to call you sunday when you forgot to call me first. THis CRS is killing me.

As for the grid.......

I too signed up back when, and you are right about most of the above. Over the years fewer pros are hanging out as much since sparky abdicated as the sole authority, but most still drop in often enough to make it worth keeping up with.

As for the bickering, it seems to vary with whoever is acting as fair witness. Some keep too tight a lid on things while some let it go wild wild west. All in all though, it's hands down the best, most reliable, and quickest source of solid info for racers in spite of the (sometimes) air of scumbag entitlement demonstrated by a select few members who seem to have forgotten they didn't pop out of their mom with 10 years of accumulated rc knowledge under their belts and think it's incumbent on them to make snide remarks about "noob" questions rather than just keeping their over inflated egos (and mouths) shut.

Also, They don't suffer bashers much over there either, so if you go asking stuff about your badazz full metal savvy that's having trouble breaking pull start cords, don't expect much in the way of help.

If on the other hand you are looking for which tire, setup, etc., works best at most any track in the country, or you want up to the minute, solid info on what equipment is working and what's breaking too often at the track, it's the only place to go.