R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho TF5 and my disappointments
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Turbo Joe
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TF5 K
By the way, many of my friends say that recently the kyosho's quality became worse.
If we will continue to tolerate this humiliation, and if you have a lot of time to make a return to dealers, missing parts and errors in the instructions will be more and more.
That's funny...I just got a new Kyosho kit...new version of the car I've run (and really like) for a couple years. If anything, they stepped it up quite a bit. The first one was an "OK" build...the newer one (same car) was organized better and took a lot less time to build.

I would take a stab that you're probably just one of those people that lose parts yourself and blame everyone else. As for the instructions, they're pretty decent, but they're not really intended for a little kid or first-timer to build...you do need some experience and they never ever tell you EVERYTHING you need to know.

The manuals have to be usable for people who read several languages, so there are always things that get transposed or don't make it through translation well. As you build more kits, you'll gain experience and you won't need them to hold your hand.

I've never had anything missing from any of the three Kyoshos I have...and even if you misplaced a few items...they'd easily send them to you for free if you contacted them.