R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Roar Brushless motor debate thread.
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 06:49 AM
OG RC 10T
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr_X
just wondering what the point of having stock and 19 turn is? to get new people into racing?

i just dont see the fun in stock classes for experienced drivers,
Thats why experienced drivers usually dont run in a stock 27t class.

I have heard comments like these often enough, and usually its from guys that run in the mod class.

My thought is the same as many others.

19t or 10.5 is a very competitive class that should be all by its self.

Stock is for beginners.

Mod is for experianced.

Properly tuned or not, a 19t motor will beat a 27t, they are not compariable at all. Mod motors are faster than 19t and they are not compariable either.

It would be un fair to expect any driver to be competitive in 19t with a 27t.

It would be un fair to expect any driver to be competitive in mod with a 19T.

19t is the perfect class for the people who want more out of there buggy or truck than a 27t, but are not ready for mod.

With that in mind and on a side note you cant just have stock and mod. Picture going from 27t then competing with 12t's.

I have lipos, 10.5, 7.5 and 6.5, 2 GTB esc's, a newer rooster esc and a out of the package, stock, $29 spec komodo dragon. For what ever the 19t is my favorite motor to run. I can keep up with the faster guys, I am faster than all of the 27t, and I get my ass handed to me by the mod class. With the 19t I can also clear all of the large jumps, including the big doubles if I get enough traction and the right lines. 27t I cant clear any of them.

I agree there needs to be a 27t class. It promotes practice and learning how to drive your buggy correctly. Mod is awsome and super fast, but its not for everyone. 19t is fast, competitive, and with the proper gearing and set up, not to mention having some skills you can go almost as fast as the mod guys.