View Single Post
Old 06-17-2003, 09:42 AM
Joel Lagace
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by johnbull
Hi guys. greetings from Malta.

TWEEK.

JAMES N. Just as I said yesterday that my car never seemed to tweek, I took it down to the track yesterday, put it on the track.........and yes you've guessed!

It was as tweeked as hell. All I had done since my previous run was put another set of used Sorex tyres on rebuild the Corally motor. It was totally loose on right handers.

I swapped rear tyres around and next run........totally loose on left handers.

Put the set of Take Offs from my last race meeting on for the next run...............PERFECT.

Just a thought for the future. Try simple and daft things like this first before fiddling with chassis adjustments.

RANDMAN. A friend runs Reedy motors in his TC3, and yes the KR is very quick indeed. My son and I run Corally motors because we get lots of help from Corally. But that's not the only reason. I think they are brilliant too, and at least as fast as anyone elses motors.

I ran a 12 x 1 yesterday and my car was quicker than guys running 10s. At the end of the day it's the little fiddling with brushes, springs, timing, speedo settings etc that makes the difference.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.

Joe:

It would seem to me that your sorexs where labled wrong or you got two different compounds in the bag. Since sorex does not lable the rubber it self like the take off tires it would be pretty easy to loose track of wich tire is wich compound. That or 2 different inserts where used but i would doubt you did something like that. I have seen mix ups with sorex tire before because there are no markings on the sidewalls. Wonder if a durometer would work on rubber?